Know before you go
- Transportation is available to eligible enrollees for routine provider appointments, urgent follow-up medical visits, hospital discharges, and urgent care services. You can call to schedule transportation (PDF) as soon as you know you need it.
- Our team can help arrange for Metrobus, van, wheelchair van, and stretcher van transportation
- For routine appointments (PDF), please call at least 48 hours in advance (not including Saturday, Sunday, and holidays) to get transportation
- If you need to check on the status of your ride, call 1-800-315-3485
Remember: Using the Metro is easy and convenient!
If you choose public transportation for your provider visit, you will be given a SmarTrip® card. The SmarTrip card is a rechargeable card that will be loaded with funds for each eligible appointment. It also allows you to pay your fare by simply tapping the card.
- Enrollees will be issued a SmarTrip card after they have booked a transportation appointment by calling 1-800-315-3485
- If you are requesting a SmarTrip card, call as early as possible, but at least three – five business days before your appointment to allow time for your card to be sent and received in the mail
- Your card will arrive in the mail within three – five business days of your call to book your appointment
- Call 1-800-315-3485 in case of a lost or stolen card
- Note that cards cannot be registered
- You cannot add money to the card. Cards are reusable and will be loaded with funds for each eligible appointment.
Call to schedule your transportation appointment now!
Interested in learning more about the program? Simply review your Enrollee Handbook or call 1-800-315-3485 to be connected with a representative for more information.