AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia (DC) wants you to keep your health coverage!
If you have health insurance coverage through Medicaid, important changes are happening in 2023. As a result, you’ll have to renew coverage for yourself and your family for the first time in several years. To help ensure that you get important information and meet all critical deadlines, take a minute today and update your contact information. When it is time to renew, the Department of Health Care Finance (DHCF) will send the forms to your new address.
Remember, you must first create an account with District Direct. You can download the District Direct mobile app from Google Play or the Apple App Store if you're using a mobile device.
To update your information, you must first create an account at districtdirect.dc.gov or download the District Direct mobile app, available through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- On the main page, click Log In and then click Create Account.
- On the next page, enter the information required to create your account, such as your username and password.
- Once complete, click Create Account. Then connect your account by clicking Connect Your Account on the homepage and entering the required information.
- Once your account is active, return to the homepage, where your information will appear.
- If you have an account, you can access your account at districtdirect.dc.gov or through the District Direct mobile app, which is available through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Next, you must enter your username and password. If you applied for benefits online, you created your username and password when you applied.
- If you don’t remember your username or password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot Password or Forgot Username link or calling the Public Benefits Call Center at 202-727-5355.
After receiving your renewal letter in the mail from DHCF, complete your renewal form by using districtdirect.dc.gov or fill out the form immediately to help avoid a gap in your coverage. You may return the form through the following methods:
- Online. Visit districtdirect.dc.gov or download the District Direct mobile app in the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- By fax or mail. Fax a completed application from dchealthlink.com Opens a new window to 202-671-4400 or mail it to:
Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090
- In person. Visit a Service Center with all of your documentation. Service Centers are open 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. Find a Service Center.
You risk losing your Medicaid coverage if you do not renew benefits for yourself and your family. If you have additional questions, please contact the Public Benefits Call Center at 202-727-5355 for assistance.