Medicaid Benefits, programs, and services
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia (DC) enrollees enjoy great benefits and services. We are committed to providing you with access to quality health care and exceptional enrollee services.
Here, you can view:
- Behavioral health
- Health benefits and services
- Health programs
- Pharmacy benefits
- Transportation support
For more detailed information about your benefits, refer to your enrollee handbook.
If you have any questions about your AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia benefits, you can call Enrollee Services at any time at 1-202-408-4720 or 1-800-408-7511.
Enrollees, get extra help in the Enrollees Portal. Take health quizzes. Change your PCP. Set medicine refill reminders. Log on today.
As an AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia (DC) enrollee, you are not responsible to pay for medically necessary covered services provided by an AmeriHealth Caritas DC provider. If you receive a bill, call Enrollee Services right away at 1-800-408-7511 (TTY 202-216-9885). They can tell you why you were billed.
If you receive a bill
Here are some ways you can help avoid receiving a bill for medical services:
- Always carry your AmeriHealth Caritas DC enrollee ID card with you. We recommend all enrollees download the AmeriHealth Caritas DC mobile app, so that your enrollee ID number is conveniently available from your smartphone.*
- When you go to a hospital, provider’s office, or pharmacy, show your enrollee ID card to the person who checks you in to make sure they have the correct information
- As soon as any of your personal profile information changes (such as your name, address, or telephone number), please notify the District of Columbia Economic Security Administration (ESA) Service Center by calling 202-727-5355
- Make sure your provider has the correct birth dates for you and your children who are AmeriHealth Caritas DC enrollees. Also make sure your sex is accurately listed. Any error could cause you to receive a bill by mistake.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call Enrollee Services at 1-800-408-7511 (Medicaid TTY 202-216-9885 or 1-800-570-1190; Alliance TTY 202-216-9885 or 1-800-570-1190). Enrollee Services representatives are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
*Messaging and data rates may apply.