Become a participating provider
Thank you for your interest in becoming a participating provider with AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia (DC). The steps below explain how to join our provider network.
Step one: Credentialing
AmeriHealth Caritas DC maintains and adheres to all applicable state and federal regulations and accreditation requirements governing the credentialing and recredentialing processes. AmeriHealth Caritas DC wants you to be aware of your practitioner credentialing rights.
AmeriHealth Caritas DC credentials and recredentials the following practitioner and provider types:
- Medical doctors (M.D.s)
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine (D.O.s)
- Doctors of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.s)
- Doctors of chiropractic medicine (D.C.s)
- Certified registered nurse practitioners (CRNPs)
- Certified nurse midwives (C.N.M.s)
- Doctors of dental surgery (D.D.S.s)
- Doctors of dental medicine (D.M.D.s)
- Oral surgeons (D.D.S.s)
- Therapeutic optometrists who provide care under the medical benefit
- Allied health providers
- Telemedicine providers who have an independent relationship with the plan
- Applied behavioral analysts
- Developmental therapy services providers
- Registered dieticians
AmeriHealth Caritas DC also credentials licensed behavioral health professionals, such as:
- Psychiatrists (M.D.s or D.O.s)
- Psychologists (Ph.D.s or Psy.D.s)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed social workers (L.S.W.s)
- Licensed professional counselors
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
- Registered behavioral health technicians (R.B.T.s)
- Substance abuse treatment practitioners (SATPs)
If you have questions, please contact our credentialing department at 1-877-759-6186.
Step two: Contracting
- New provider groups and solo practitioners first need to complete the ownership disclosure form (PDF) then would need to start the contracting and credentialing process simultaneously, but the contract will not be executed until after the provider passes credentialing.
- To begin the contracting process, please contact the Provider Account Executive for your area or call Provider Services at 202-408-2237 or 1- 888-656-2383.
- Once we have received a completed application and any required supplemental documents, someone from the AmeriHealth Caritas DC credentialing team will respond to your inquiry within 30 days. While your application is pending, you will be able to contact your Provider Account Executive with any questions.
AmeriHealth Caritas DC is currently not accepting applications for participation of:
- Durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers
AmeriHealth Caritas DC does not contract with hospital-based provider groups. These include those providers who practice exclusively within the inpatient setting, such as hospitalists, pathologists, emergency medicine providers, anesthesiologists, radiologists, and neonatologists.