Smoking cessation resources
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia is committed to helping you help our enrollees lead healthy lifestyles.
Most smoking cessation medications are covered, including:
- Varenicline (generic Chantix®)
- Nicotine lozenge (generic Nicorette®)
- Nicotine gum (generic Nicorette)
- Nicotine patch (generic Nicotrol®)
- Nicotrol inhaler
- Nicotrol NS nasal spray
- Bupropion (generic Zyban®)
Resources to help enrollees quit smoking
- DC Quitline (1-800-QUITNOW) — Local resources for all D.C. residents for quitting smoking and getting lozenges, nicotine patches, and support from a quit coach.
- Howard University Hospital Cancer Center (202-865-1587).
- Lung HelpLine (1-800-LUNGUSA; TTY 1-800-501-1068, available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. CT ) — Speak with registered nurses and respiratory therapists who can provide answers to your lung health questions, including smoking cessation help.
- National Quitline (1-877-44U-QUIT) — General questions and answers for smoking cessation.
- U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs (1-866-459-8766) — Smoking quitline for military enrollees and their families.
- The DC Center Smoking Cessation Support Group (202-682-2245).
- Quitnet.com — Web-based resources and support
- Quit Tobacco — Smoking cessation resources and education for enrollees of the U.S. military and their families, sponsored by the Department of Defense
- Freedom From Smoking Online — Group clinic and online smoking cessation programs
- American Lung Association Stop Smoking — Group clinic
The GW Cancer Institute — Youth tobacco education and advocacy campaign
D.C. Department of Health smoking cessation programs
DC Tobacco Free Coalition