Getting care with your PCP
Once you have picked a PCP, it is important to call your PCP first when you need care. Your PCP is there to help you get healthy and stay healthy. With your PCP, you can work together as a team to get the care and services you need. It’s important to know and talk with your PCP so your health stays on the right path.
Do you need to make an appointment?
- Have your enrollee ID card, a pen and paper for notes.
- Call your PCP's office. Look for your PCP's phone number on the front of your enrollee ID card. You can also find it in our provider directory.
- Tell the person who answers that you are an AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia enrollee. Tell them you want to make an appointment with your PCP.
- Tell the person why you need an appointment.
- Write down the time and date of your appointment.
- Tell your PCP if you have any pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions are those that you had before your AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia coverage went into effect.
If you need help making an appointment, call Enrollee Services at 1-202-842-2810 or toll free 1-866-842-2810.
Getting care when your PCP's office is closed
If you need to speak to your PCP when the office is closed, call your PCP's office and leave a message with the person who answers the phone when the office is closed. You can also call the Nurse Call Line 24 hours a day at 1-877-759-6279.
Getting care when you are out of town
The Alliance program does not cover you for any services when you are outside of the District of Columbia. You are only covered by AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia for non-emergency services provided in the District of Columbia at a network hospital. Routine and urgent care are only available from participating providers in the District of Columbia. Alliance does not cover services outside of the United States and does not cover any services provided by out-of-network providers.