Behavioral health care is for both adults and children. This care helps when you feel depressed or anxious. If you or someone from your family needs help, call:
- Enrolle Services at 202-408-4720 or 1-800-408-7511 and follow the prompts
- The DC Department of Behavioral Health Hotline at 1-888-793-4357, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can get up to 10 behavioral health appointments without a referral.
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia covers many of the behavioral health services available for DC Medicaid enrollees.
However, specialized behavioral health services provided by the Department of Behavioral Health and all substance use related services, with the exception of inpatient detoxification services at a hospital, are not covered by AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia. These services are available to all Medicaid enrollees and can be accessed as indicated below.
AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia does not cover all other services.
DC Department of Behavioral Health
For specialized behavioral health services, contact the DC Department of Behavioral Health.
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-888-793-4357
- Specialized Behavioral Health Services include:
- Assertive community treatment (ACT)
- Case management
- Community support
- Community-based interventions (CBI)
- Crisis intervention, including mobile crisis services
- Multi-systemic therapy (MST)
Assessment and Referral Center (ARC)
Substance use services are administered by the Assessment and Referral Center (ARC).
- Hours of operation: 7 a.m. — 6 p.m.
- Address: 70 N Street NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Telephone: 202-727-8473
- Fax: 1-202-727-8411
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) initiation in the emergency department:
For inpatient detoxification services, please contact Enrollee Services at 202-408-4720.